>Crescent City California News, Sports, & Weather | The Triplicate

News Classifieds Web
web powered by Web Search Powered by Google

Home arrow News arrow Local News arrow Campfire permits required


Campfire permits required

With fire restrictions in place, campfire permits are now required on all national forest land in California, but the permits are free and can be obtained online.

For online campfire permits, visit the Six Rivers National Forest website at www.fs.usda.gov/srnf under “Passes and Permits” or the California Wildfire Coordinating Group’s wildfire prevention website at www.preventwildfireca.org.

“This is a service to the public who want to obtain a campfire permit and aren’t able to get to a Forest Service, Bureau of Land Management or Cal Fire office during regular business hours,” said Six Rivers National Forest Acting Supervisor Mike Minton.

Six Rivers National Forest implemented Fire Restrictions on Monday.

California campfire permits are required to have a campfire or use a charcoal barbecue, portable gas stoves or lanterns or stoves using jellied petroleum or pressurized liquid fuel. The permit is your agreement to follow the campfire restrictions and regulations currently in effect.  


Campfire permits are valid from the date issued until the end of the calendar year. 


Del Norte Triplicate:

312 H Street
P.O. Box 277
Crescent City, CA 95531

(707) 464-2141

Follow The Triplicate headlines on Follow The Triplicate headlines on Twitter

© Copyright 2001 - 2016 Western Communications, Inc. All rights reserved. By Using this site you agree to our Terms of Use