Here are excerpts from the Crescent City Police Department call logs for July 20–24.
Friday, July 20
• At 11:30 a.m. report of car damage from someone attempting to gain entry in a parking lot near Battery Point Lighthouse.
Sunday, July 22
• At 11:30 a.m. a bike found on the 1200 block of Northcrest Drive.
- At 2:26 p.m. a burglary on the 1500 block of Gainard Street.
• At 2:30 p.m. a report of a storage shed having its lock cut on the 300 block of Washington Boulevard.
• At 3:30 p.m. a request for foot patrol due to transients drinking and camping on the 1000 block of Sunset Circle Drive.
Tuesday, July 23
• At 4:35 a.m. a man reported finding a male dressed in black with a white dog in his backyard and found the door to his truck open on the 100 block of 8th Street.
• At 11:39 a.m. vandalism at a crossing guard building near E and 10th streets.
Wednesday, July 24
• At 12:29 a.m. a man was cited for illegal camping on the 200 block of 2nd Street.
• At 8:07 p.m. a report of vandalism to a vehicle near 3rd and C streets.