Here are excerpts from the Crescent City Police Department call logs for June 29 - July 5.
Friday, June 29
• At 6:40 p.m. a structure fire on the 200 block of 9th Street.
Saturday, June 30
• At 5:01 p.m. a man making obscene gestures toward traffic near 4th and M streets. He was contacted and counseled.
• At 5:10 p.m. several people in a black truck lighting fireworks and throwing them into the grassy area near Howe Drive.
• At 5:25 p.m. an officer contacted several people at a fire pit at the end of Howe Drive. They were advised the area is closed at night and to clean up their mess.
Sunday, July 1
• At 2:44 p.m. a stolen Mongoose bike outside of the Sheriff’s Office.
• At 7:08 p.m. a request for assistance with an unruly inmate at the jail.
Monday, July 2
• At 7:23 a.m. theft of two bikes — maroon Gary Fisher and silver, red, black Raleigh — from the 100 block of Walton Street. Both bikes were missing seats.
• At 4:50 p.m. sugar in a gas tank of a vehicle parked on the 200 block of F Street.
Tuesday, July 3
• At 4:00 p.m. a man reported someone breaking into his vehicle and stealing the radio on the 600 block of Pacific Avenue.
Wednesday, July 4
• At 7:00 p.m. a dog in the road barking at vehicles on the 1100 block of Breen Street. The dog was transported to the pound.
• At 9:00 p.m. a disturbance at the horseshoe pits at Beachfront Park. Two people were arrested for disorderly conduct.
Thursday, July 5
• At 12:00 p.m. a citizen complained that a driver of a vehicle in the parade was being dangerous to bystanders.
• At 3:10 p.m.a burglary on the 1300 block of Gary Street.