Here are excerpts from the Crescent City Police Department call logs for Aug. 29–Sept. 6.
Wednesday, Aug. 29
• At 11:05 p.m. a juvenile reported someone in a green vehicle threw eggs at him near 9th and I streets. The vehicle and egg thrower was located and counseled.
Thursday, Aug. 30
• At 3:09 a.m. a report of vandalism to a vehicle on the 500 block of Pacific Avenue.
• At 11:00 a.m. an officer was flagged down by a man claiming two men tried instigating a fight with him near K Street and Lauff Avenue.
• At 1:20 p.m. a report of an intoxicated male panhandling at a business on the 1000 block of 9th Street. The man was arrested for public intoxication.
• At 8:09 p.m. a woman reported someone trying to have her son get into their van near Crescent Elk School.
Friday, Aug. 31
• At 8:25 p.m. a report of a hit and run accident on the 800 block of U.S. Highway 101.
Saturday, Sept. 1
• At 8:59 a.m. a report of a burglary on the 1300 bock of Northcrest Drive.
• At 10:05 a.m. a report of a battery on the 100 block of 5th street.
• At 3:45 p.m. a report of an altercation in the Safeway parking lot.
Sunday, Sept. 2
• At 6:09 p.m. an officer responded to the 400 block of L Street for a person playing with a toddler in the roadway. The person was counseled.
• At 7:29 p.m. an office responded to the cemetery for a report of several people intoxicated. A person was contacted and transported to Sutter Coast Hospital.
Wednesday, Sept. 5
• At 1:03 p.m. a report of a person possibly DUI on a bike at Home Depot.
• At 2:07 p.m. a report of a man going through the trash on the 500 block of I Street. The man was given a trespassing warning.
Thursday, Sept. 6
• At 1:20 p.m. a report of a hit and run in the Taco Bell parking lot.