Here are excerpts from the Del Norte County Sheriff’s Office call logs for Aug. 23–Aug. 29.
Friday, Aug. 23
• At 8:39 p.m. a foot pursuit for a theft suspect near Walmart.
Saturday, Aug. 24
• At 9:10 p.m. a report of people knocking on the front door of a residence who refused to identify themselves on the 100 block of Dream Street.
Sunday, Aug. 25
• At 8:11 p.m. a report of squatters in a house on the 2600 block of Roy Avenue.
• At 8:28 p.m. a report of someone running on the beach and becoming surrounded by elk near the 800 block of U.S. Highway 101.
Monday, Aug. 26
• At 2:12 p.m. a report of a burglary from a boat on the 300 block of N. Indian Road.
Tuesday, Aug. 27
• At 11:18 a.m. a report of a naked toddler walking on the 3000 block of Alder Road.
• At 5:43 p.m. a report of vagrant campers in the woods behind a house on the 500 block of Murphy Avenue.
Wednesday, Aug. 28
• At 3:22 p.m. a report of a theft at Walmart.
Thursday, Aug. 29
• At 4:13 p.m. a report of a motor vehicle accident on the 4300 block of Lake Earl Drive.
• At 7:59 p.m. a report of a vicious dog loose on the 700 block of Murphy Avenue.
• At 9:03 p.m. a report of a fire on the 300 block of Hyatt Heights.