Here are excerpts from the Del Norte County Sheriff’s Office call logs for Oct. 4–9.
Friday, Oct. 4
• At 11:21 p.m. a report of a boat stalled on the sand bar at the mouth of the Klamath River.
Saturday, Oct. 5
• At 2:43 a.m. a report of a vehicle fire on the 300 block of Indian Road.
• At 4:33 p.m. a report of horses running down South Beach.
Sunday, Oct. 6
• At 3:07 p.m. a report of a passport found at Freshwater Lagoon.
• At 5:07 p.m. a report of an inmate with head trauma at Pelican Bay State Prison.
• At 8:32 p.m. a report of three bears in a backyard on the 1200 block of Cessna Drive.
Monday, Oct. 7
• At 8:50 a.m. a report of a motorcyclist off an embankment on Highway 197 near milemarker 5.
• At 2:29 p.m. a report of an elderly couple kayaking who fell into the water and now can’t make it back across the river, near the mouth of the Smith River.
Tuesday, Oct. 8
• At 1:14 p.m. a report of a search warrant served on the 1200 block of McNamara Avenue.
• At 8:54 p.m. a report of a motor vehicle accident near milemarker 8 on U.S. Highway 199.
Wednesday, Oct. 9
• At 2:46 p.m. a search warrant was served on the 1200 block of Morgan Court.