Here are excerpts from the Del Norte County Sheriff’s Office call logs for May 30–June 5.
Wednesday, May 30
• At 8:30 a.m. a search warrant served at a residence on the 1500 block of Napa Street.
• At 3:31 p.m. a search warrant served on the 6100 block of Lower Lake Road.
Thursday, May 31
• At 11:27 a.m. a request for a deputy to respond to second bridge in Hiouchi to check on a possible party going on for senior skip day.
• At 9:05 a.m. a two-vehicle accident on U.S. Highway 101.
• At 3:37 p.m. a woman requested to check a vehicle that seemed suspicious for being in the vicinity of a school bus stop near Ace Hardware around 3–3:30 p.m.
Friday, June 1
• At 2:16 p.m. a report of someone in a green Ford Aerostar with Oregon plates asking kids for money and offering them rides near Ace Hardware.
• At 8:09 p.m. a man reported someone shot his dog on the 10 block of Weber Drive.
• At 11:16 p.m. an inmate attempting to hang himself at Pelican Bay State Prison.
Saturday, June 2
• At 1:27 a.m. three tires slashed on a vehicle parked at the harbor.
• At 11:51 a.m. a woman reported finding a house had been broken into on the 2500 block of Morehead Road. She scared a couple of “kids” out the back and found electronics piled up in the house.
• At 4:04 p.m. two dogs running loose in Smith River taken to the agricultural department.
Sunday, June 3
• At 11:05 a.m. a vessel broken down in the ocean five miles south of St. George Reef Lighthouse.
• At 12:58 p.m. a woman reported someone swapped out campaign signs in her front yard on the 500 block of Pebble Beach Drive.
• At 9:41 p.m. a female struck by a vehicle on the 100 block of Ehlers Way.
Monday, June 4
• At 8:54 a.m. a man reported someone broke into his business and took a computer and tools on the 700 block of Elk Valley Road.
• At 10:40 p.m. a report of an explosion at a home and a woman burned on the 400 block of U.S. Highway 169.
Tuesday, May 31
• At 7:34 a.m. a possible burglary in a shed on the 1000 block of Malaney Drive.
• At 8:05 p.m. a report of a death on the 400 block of Sierra Wood Road.