Here are excerpts from the Del Norte County Sheriff’s Office call logs for June 28 – July 4.
Thursday, June 28
• At 11:12 p.m. a report of an inmate who tried to hang himself at Pelican Bay State Prison.
• At 11:15 p.m. a bear in the backyard of a residence on the 100 block of Terrace Drive.
• At 11:44 p.m. a rollover vehicle accident on U.S. Highway 199 near Hardscrabble Creek.
Friday, June 29
• At 4:11 p.m. a report of a burglary at a residence on the 4000 block of Wonderstump Road.
• At 5:02 p.m. a request for assistance with searches at the jail.
Saturday, June 30
• At 11:39 a.m. a three-vehicle accident with injuries near Redwood Road and Terwer Riffle Road.
• At 3:16 p.m. a vehicle fire near Wonderstump Road and U.S. Highway 101.
• At 8:57 a report of a home burglary on the 200 block of Maiden Lane.
Sunday, July 1
• At 6:43 a.m. a report of individuals in a white Dodge truck stealing an industrial sized crab cooker from the 100 block of Pepperwood Drive.
• At 1:10 p.m. a report of protesters in front of Pelican Bay State Prison.
Monday, July 2
• At 12:15 a.m. a structure fire on the 200 block of Elk Valley Road.
• At 11:53 p.m. a boat being stolen from the Crescent City Harbor.
Tuesday, July 3
• At 1:27 a.m. a report of a vehicle off the embankment on Requa Road. No one was inside the vehicle.
• At 6:33 p.m. a man reported that a neighbor’s dog attacked his goat, so he shot the dog with a .357 Magnum twice on the 2200 block of Lagoon Avenue.
Tuesday, July 4
• At 3:45 p.m. a man reported someone tried to sell him marijuana brownies, then took the rest to Beachfront Park to sell.
• At 8:29 p.m. a chimney fire on the 2100 block of Elk Valley Road.
Tuesday, July 5
• At 2:55 a.m. a transformer on fire on the 1500 block of Riverside Drive.
• At 12:42 p.m. a woman firing a gun on the 2200 block of Holben Road.
• At 2:18 p.m. a report of a swarm of bees at a day-care center on the 1700 block of Alexandria Way.
• At 4:17 p.m. a report of a death on the 100 block of Rivers End Road.