Stremberg honored for work on Last Chance Grade
More than 30 local real estate agents were honored last week by their colleagues for their hard work and service to the community.
Lyndol Mitchell and Mimi Stephens won Lifetime Honorary Achievement awards. Del Norte Triplicate / James Haban
The Del Norte Association of Realtors celebrated agents whose sales accomplishments for 2013 reached $36 million, according to Lyndol Mitchell of Ming Tree Real Estate. Mitchell received the association’s 2013 Lifetime Honorary Achievement Award, along with Bayside Realty founder Mimi Stephens.
The association also gave the President’s Award to Kurt Stremberg for his efforts to create an alternate route around Last Chance Grade on U.S. Highway 101 south of Crescent City.
“He has taken his commitment to a higher level,” said association president Dee Kinney. “Being a Realtor is and should be more than just a job.”
• Million-dollar award: Carolyn Tweed, Jim Nelson, Caitlin Schafer, Jim Peters, Ron Plechaty, Ana Hartwick, Mike Nolan and Kevin Hawkins.
• Multi-million-dollar award: Lori Cowan, Robin Hartwick, Debbie Olson, Earlene Burley, Shirley Selman, David Finigan, Donna Zorn, Becky Watwood, Melissa Blackburn, Joshua Clemons, Sandra Balbini, Rose Peasley, Frances Gatti, Diana Kilgore, Dee Kinney, Mary Messal, Mitzi Travis, Norma Cassady, Roy Tedsen and Stuart Nichols.
• President’s Award: Kurt Stremberg.
• Service Award: Earlene Burley.
• Realtor of the Year: Debbie Olson.
• Del Norte Association of Realtors Board 2014: President, Dee Kinney; President-elect, Jim Peters; Secretary, Debbie Olson; Treasurer, Diana Kilgore; Mitzi Travis; Robin Hartwick; Kurt Stremberg; Kevin Hawkins; Frances Gatti; Bill Wigley and Marilyn Motchman.