Pelican Bay State Prison recently hosted the “New Challenges, New Solutions” crime victims’ advocates luncheon.
Police Chief Doug Plack presents Officer Jennifer Owen with an award at the luncheon. Submitted by Pelican Bay Lt. Christopher Acosta
The luncheon acknowledged advocates, volunteers and county employees who have been instrumental in counseling, supporting and advocating for those who have fallen victim to crimes within Del Norte’s community.
Those who were honored included:
• Officer Jennifer Owen, by the Crescent City Police Department.
• Nico Mavris and Kay Parrott, by Del Norte Victim/Witness Office.
• District Attorney Jon Alexander and Probation Officer Annreta Donaldson, by the Probation Department.
• Leslie Duncan and David Gibbs, by Court Appointed Special Advocates of Del Norte.
• Lisa Mitchell and Melanie Day, by the Harrington House.
• Paulie Boynton, by the Oasis House.
The following are people who helped to contribute to the luncheon:
Randy Hatfield from the Del Norte County Fairgrounds, Teri McCune Oostra and Kees Oostra from the Dutch Gardener, Baird and Jane Rumiano from Rumiano Cheese, Brian Ridgely from Safeway, Raymond Berry from the California Correctional Supervisors Organization, James Holden from California Correctional Peace Officers Association, Ray Altman from State Employee International Union, as well as individuals Sharon Plack, Justin Williams and Peter Halls.