Brookings teen drug scare

archive_import

WesCom Wire Service

BROOKINGS - The rumors that a Brookings-Harbor High School student had died of a drug overdose last week proved to be false.

According to authorities and school officials, a 15-year-old student began vomiting in the school hallway near the end of the school day Thursday and went to the school office seeking help. School officials called a member of the boy's family and the police. In the presence of a police officer, the boy admitted to taking morphine. The family member and officials decided to have the boy transported by ambulance to Curry General Hospital, where he was listed in stable condition.

The boy was not found to be in possession of any drugs and no criminal investigation was planned, authorities said. Principal Emmalie Lee said the student did draw attention when he vomited in the school hallway.

andquot;The kids in the hall were quite alarmed,andquot; Lee said.

Lee could not give any details about the student because he is a minor and protected by privacy laws. And she said that the incident will not be discussed with other students.

13895669
The Del Norte Triplicate
This image is copyrighted.

Crescent City autos, jobs, real estate and merchandise.

Ads appear Online and in Print

View Classifieds

Connect with The Del Norte Triplicate


Triplicate Newsstand

Friday September 30, 2016

Read digital interactive editions of our publications

Read Today's Edition Take A Tour
View All Publications