Firefighters from the Crescent City Volunteer Fire Department attempt to rescue a Dachshund Saturday after extinguishing a blaze at 220 Olive Street. No one was in the house at the time of the fire, but four Dachshunds were trapped inside. Volunteer firefighters retrieved the four animals and administered CPR. andquot;We're trained to do it on humans but we adapted to do it on dogs,andquot; Crescent City Fire Chief Steve Wakefield said. andquot;There's no formal training.andquot; He said three of the dogs died of smoke inhalation, but one- Hunter- survived. The fire likely started due to a faulty lamp, Wakefield said, and spread toward the dogs' only escape route- a doggie door. Damages are estimated around $100,000.