DA drops Yang case

Triplicate Staff

The Del Norte District Attorney's Office will not be retrying a local man whose attempted murder case was declared a mistrial last week.

Sou Feng Yang, 19, was accused of bashing the skull of Robert Davis Jr. with a hammer during a dispute outside Davis' house in April.

District Attorney Jon Alexander said he made the decision after reviewing the case and speaking with jurors after the trial.

"I am convinced a subsequent trial could not result in a guilty verdict," said Alexander.

The trial itself was marred by inconsistent witness testimony and an adversarial witness, resulting in several delays that caused the anticipated three-day trial to carry into a fourth day.

The Del Norte Triplicate
This image is copyrighted.

Crescent City autos, jobs, real estate and merchandise.

Ads appear Online and in Print

View Classifieds

Connect with The Del Norte Triplicate

Triplicate Newsstand

Thursday October 20, 2016

Read digital interactive editions of our publications

Read Today's Edition Take A Tour
View All Publications