Klamath resident burned in trailer fire

By Anthony Skeens, The Triplicate October 17, 2013 02:06 pm

A man was seriously burned in a Klamath blaze that  firefighters had difficulty attacking Wednesday, residents said.

A motorhome in Crivelli’s RV park in Klamath caught fire about 3 p.m. and a resident inside suffered severe burns on at least half of his body, authorities said.

Lucas Brug, owner of Crivelli’s, said it took over an hour before firefighters were actually pouring water on the fire.

Other people tried extinguishing the fire with garden hoses and water buckets, Brug said.

“It was pretty hectic,” said Brug.

Neighbors went inside and got the resident out while the motorhome burned, Brug said.

When Klamath firefighters arrived, they had difficulty working their hose, Brug said.

He declined to identify the burned man.

Klamath Fire Chief Lonnie Levi did not return phone calls requesting information regarding the fire, and no further details were available Wednesday night.

The Klamath Fire Protection District and the Crescent Fire Protection District responded to the blaze.

Reach Anthony Skeens at This e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it