It took more than three hours for firefighters from Crescent City, Fort Dick and Pelican Bay State Prison to knock down a blaze that broke out in one mobile home on the 3400 block of Kings Valley Road and spread to another early Monday morning.

Crescent City Fire and Rescue arrived at Kings Valley Mobile Home Estate after being toned out at about 3:03 a.m. to find one of the homes fully engulfed in flames, Fire Chief Bill Gillespie said. Since the mobile home park is at the northern end of Crescent City’s jurisdiction, Gillespie said the Fort Dick and Pelican Bay State Prison fire departments were also toned out.

“Fire was coming from just about all points it sounds like and it spread to a vehicle that was in the carport and had spread to the other direction to a neighboring mobile home as well,” Gillespie said Monday. “When crews got on scene they had two mobile homes burning and were able to get that knocked down. It did sustain damage on the west side of the building and spread into the interior.”

Fire crews were able to keep the blaze from spreading further, Gillespie said.

No injuries were reported though the American Red Cross was requested to help find housing for the occupants of the mobile home that was fully engulfed, Gillespie. He said his fire crews found no one inside the second mobile home.

It took fire crews about three and a half hours to get the fire under control, Gillespie said. Fire crews were still mopping up as of about 7 a.m., he said.

Firefighters are still trying to determine what caused the blaze and where it started, according to Gillespie.

He noted the location of the fire is about five miles away from the Washington Boulevard fire station.

“Both Crescent City Fire and Rescue and Fort Dick are all volunteer as well, so there’s travel time for volunteers to get to the station and for the response,” he said.

In addition to the mobile home fires, emergency crews responded to a transformer explosion near the junction of U.S. 199 and 101 that sparked a power outage Saturday evening, Gillespie said. However, he said, despite unusual weather, which included snow in Smith River and Fort Dick, most of the calls consisted of routine medical calls.

“I could just throw out there, make sure you’ve got working smoke alarms in the sleeping rooms and common areas of your home,” Gillespie said. “In the event of a structure fire, have a meeting place, so that everybody can be accounted for.”