The police blotter is a public record of incidents as reported by law-enforcement agencies. All individuals arrested or charged with a crime are innocent until proven guilty. The information printed is preliminary and subject to change.
Excerpts from the call logs of the Del Norte County Sheriff’s Department:
Saturday, July 18:
- At 8:25 a.m., a report of a child’s bicycle stolen off the back of a trailer in the 900 block of Sunset Circle.
- At 9:07 a.m., a report of a motor vehicle accident involving a vehicle and a motorcycle on Highway 197 at the low divide.
- At 9:51 a.m., a resident in the 1300 block of J Street reported someone threw a rock through his window.
- At 9:59 a.m., California Highway Patrol reported a motorcyclist down on Highway 199 at the South Fork Road in Gasquet.
- At 10:24 a.m., a resident in the 17500 block of Highway 101 in Klamath reported someone broke into his trailer and stole and iPad and camera.
- At 1:56 p.m., a report of a wallet stolen in the 400 block of Highway 101.
- At 2:27 p.m., a request from Sutter Security to remove a subject causing a disturbance in the 800 block of Washington Boulevard.
- At 5:12 p.m., a request for the removal of two subjects with a campfire near the treeline in the 900 block of Washington Boulevard.
- At 7:15 p.m., a report of several subjects shooting a firearm in an unsafe direction in the Lake Avenue area of Fort Dick.
- At 7:35 p.m., a report of three shots heard in the area of area of the 2000 block of Malone Road.
- At 10:26 p.m., a male subject reported a female in a vehicle threatened him with a gun and is following him in the 1300 block of El Dorado Street. A female subject called 911 and state she was Pokemon hunting.
Sunday, July 19:
- At 8:35 a.m., a report of an ID found on Point St. George Drive.
- At 10:44 a.m., a report of a smoldering stump in the 900 block of Washington Boulevard.
- At 12:24 p.m., a resident in the 1800 block of Jefferson Avenue reported that her dog was stolen.
- At 12:47 p.m., a store in the 900 block of Washington Boulevard reported having detained a subject for “skip scanning,” the process of faking the scanning of an item at the self checkout lane.
- At 2:02 p.m., Crescent Fire Protection District reported locating a subject in the 800 block of Highway 101 illegally using Crescent fire channel from a stolen fire vehicle.
- At 4:34 p.m., a report of a phone with a credit card and ID found in the 600 block of 5th Street.
- At 5:51 p.m., report of a female subject who stole several items from a store in the 300 block of Highway 101.