The police blotter is a public record of incidents as reported by law-enforcement agencies. All individuals arrested or charged with a crime are innocent until proven guilty. The information printed is preliminary and subject to change.
Excerpts from the call logs of the Del Norte County Sheriff’s Department:
Wednesday, July 29:
- At 3:12 a.m., a report of a head-on motor vehicle accident, an unknown number of patients or injuries, in the 9900 block of Highway 101 at Sandmine Road.
- At 8:14 a.m., a report of a hypodermic needle found in the 700 block of Washington Boulevard.
- At 9:06 a.m., a report of smoke in the area of the 1300 block of Huntington Street.
- At 9:54 a.m., a subject reported she was just in a motor vehicle accident in the 400 block of M Street.
- At 12:03 p.m., a Yurok Tribal Police officer was flagged down by a subject reported spotting a motorist possible driving under the influence of an intoxicant in the 100 block of Ehlers Way in Klamath.
- At 3:13 p.m., several campers in the 17500 block of Highway 101 reported having items stolen overnight.
- At 4:17 p.m., a report of a vandalism to a building in the 100 block Butte Street.
- At 4:38 p.m., a report of a male subject walked out with a cart full of items from a store in the 900 block of Washington Boulevard.
- At 5:45 p.m., a report of a cell phone stolen in the Old Mill Road and Northcrest Drive area.
- At 6:14 p.m., a report of a subject that slashed tires and shattered the windshield of a vehicle and threw rocks into the nearby roadway at 9th and H streets.
- At 8:10 p.m., reports of a subject impersonating an officer at the harbor, checking crab pots in the 100 block of Citizens Dock Road.
- At 8:46 p.m., someone reported subjects are threatening to hit her with bats after a verbal altercation over dogs in the 700 block of Front Street.
- At 9:21 p.m., a report of youth yelling and setting off fireworks in a parking lot in the 1000 block of A Street.
Thursday, July 30:
- At 10:22 a.m., a resident in the 100 block of Klamath Boulevard reported someone stole the trash cans overnight.
- At 12:38 p.m., California Highway Patrol requested assistance for a vehicle broken down on Highway 101 at mile post 1.
- At 1:32 p.m., a report of assault in the 200 block of Olive Street.
- At 3:09 p.m., a report of a group of subjects fighting in the 1700 block of Northcrest Drive and one appeared to have a knife.
- At 3:41 p.m., a report of a tree on fire next to a power pole at Blackwell Lane and Lake Earl Drive.
- At 4:56 p.m., a report that juveniles were messing with graves on Cooper Street.
- At 7:39 p.m., a report of a motorist possible driving under the influence in a drive through in the 1200 block of 6th Street.
- At 10:47 p.m., a resident in the 600 block of 8th Street reported subjects appeared to be attempting to steal items off his property.