Groups and organizations planning summer youth programs, camps and activities in Curry, Del Norte and Humboldt counties are encouraged to apply for mini-grants offered in partnership by the Wild Rivers Community Foundation, Humboldt Area Foundation, McLean Foundation, Patricia D. and William B. Smullin Foundation and St. Joseph Health.
Download the online application at: https://www.wildriverscf.org/Portals/1/Uploads/Documents/2021%20SYMG%20Application.pdf
The Summer Youth Partnership Mini-Grants are available to programs scheduled between June 1 and Sept. 1. The deadline to submit applications is Monday, May 3. The average grant award will be $500. Past grant dollars created summer camp opportunities for local youth; provided food to children in need; sponsored language and cultural education and activities, youth outdoor stewardship activities, summer reading programs, and music and theater programs.
Programs must meet the guidelines and restrictions provided by the California or Oregon Department of Health to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Travel outside of the region for summer activities and camps will not be funded.
A committee will consider each application for programs that:
* Serve a high number of low-income, disabled, at-risk or otherwise disadvantaged youth
* Serve youth in an outlying area with few summer activities
* Operate extensive operating hours
* Provide a large number of scholarships to their summer program
* Provide activities free of charge
* Collaborate and utilize available resources
* Provide developmental and not just recreational opportunities
* Request items to help ensure the safety of program participants
For more information and to download the online application go to https://www.wildriverscf.org/Portals/1/Uploads/Documents/2021%20SYMG%20Application.pdf
Send questions to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 707-442-2993.