Redwood Parks Conservancy, the National Park Service and California State Parks invite folks of all ages to become Titaneers for the upcoming spring and summer seasons in the majestic Grove of Titans.
Located near Crescent City, CA, the Grove of Titans is home to a towering grove of ancient coastal redwoods that include some of the world’s tallest trees.
Officially opened to the public last May, the Grove of Titans features a raised walkway that allows visitors to experience this incredible section of forest while protecting the delicate understory and shallow root system that had been damaged by years of off-trail activity.
The Titaneers, a group of volunteer interpreters and monitors, play a critical role in the continued preservation of the grove’s delicate ecosystem by keeping visitors on the trail, providing important information on trail conditions, preventing vandalism, and so much more.
Anyone who has a passion for the redwoods, enjoys spending time in one of Earth’s most beautiful places, and wants to protect and preserve these trees for generations to come—we invite you to become a Titaneer! Join us virtually via Zoom on Wednesday, April 26, for a training session.
Welcome to the discussion.
1. Be Civil. No bullying, name calling, or insults.
2. Keep it Clean and Be Nice. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
3. Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
4. Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
5. Be Proactive. Let us know of abusive posts. Multiple reports will take a comment offline.
6. Stay On Topic. Any comment that is not related to the original post will be deleted.
7. Abuse of these rules will result in the thread being disabled, comments denied, and/or user blocked.
8. PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.