The Del Norte County Office of Emergency Services presents a free, hybrid Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) class.
Registering gives you access to the online training portion and allows OES to communicate with you in preparation for the in-class, hands on, practical portion of your training.
The online training runs June 20 to July 24.
The hands-on-skills class tentative dates are from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. July 25-26.
The Basic CERT Training teaches you basic disaster response skills so you can safely help yourself and those around you when dis-aster strikes and when professional responders aren’t available. Learn how to protect your-self, your loved ones and your community.
The CERT curriculum includes:
• Unit 1: Disaster Preparedness
• Unit 2: Fire Safety and Utility Controls
• Unit 3-4: Disaster Medical Operations
• Unit 5: Light Search and Rescue Operations and Victim Care
• Unit 6: CERT Organization
• Unit 7: Disaster Psychology
• Unit 8: Terrorism and Hazardous Materials Safety
• Unit 9: Course Review and Disaster Simulation
Access the online CERT Training on your mobile device or computer. Complete it at your pace and at your convenience. Course progress will be saved and can be resumed later. Online Course Time is 12 hours and the in-person, practical training is 16 hours.
To learn more about what’s covered in the hands-on portion of the training, go to https://goo.gl/1p9ggr.
To register, call 707- 951-9726 or email email@example.com.