As we head into the new year after a long fire season and the continued impacts of the pandemic, the Six Rivers National Forest remains committed to providing services on public lands and doing what we can to help those in need. One of the services the SRNF will continue to provide is issuing FREE personal-use firewood permits until further notice.
Although the permits are free, woodcutters will still be required to hold a 2021 personal-use firewood permit and follow all regulations within that permit. All personal-use firewood permits obtained in 2020 are now invalid. To receive a free permit, call any SRNF ranger district office, Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
• Gasquet Ranger District: (707) 457-3131
• Orleans/Ukonom Ranger District: (530) 627-3291
• Lower Trinity Ranger District: (530) 629-2118
• Mad River Ranger District: (707) 574-6233.
It is important to note that all SRNF offices remain closed at this time, therefore:
• If you do not reach anyone at the numbers listed above, please leave a voicemail; and
• All permits will be mailed to requestors, so allow extra time for delivery. The permit package will include the permit, a personal-use firewood map, and firewood tags.
These permits are only valid for firewood on SRNF lands open to firewood cutting.
Personal-use firewood permits are not valid for other forest products, such as mushrooms and bay leaves.
Permit holders are limited to one personal-use firewood permit per year. With this firewood permit, up to 10 cords of firewood per calendar year may be cut for personal use.