Senate Majority Leader Mike McGuire issued a statement in response to Governor Newsom’s recent May Budget Revision release:
“Today’s revise takes a commonsense approach and focuses on the current fiscal challenges by limiting and reducing spending, strengthening reserves and paying down pension liabilities.”
“And, we can’t stop investing in the programs and priorities that will strengthen the lives of Californians in every corner of this state. This includes funding as promised to combat our homelessness crisis, build thousands of workforce affordable housing units, tackle our climate crisis and make communities more wildfire safe and record dollars for our kids and public schools,” said Senator McGuire.
“We’re continuing to invest in California’s future, even during these tight budget times. I look forward to working closely with Pro Tem Atkins, the Legislature and Governor Newsom to get a balanced budget across the finish line in the coming weeks.” Senator McGuire.
Welcome to the discussion.
1. Be Civil. No bullying, name calling, or insults.
2. Keep it Clean and Be Nice. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
3. Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
4. Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
5. Be Proactive. Let us know of abusive posts. Multiple reports will take a comment offline.
6. Stay On Topic. Any comment that is not related to the original post will be deleted.
7. Abuse of these rules will result in the thread being disabled, comments denied, and/or user blocked.
8. PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.