A Crescent City man suspected of unlawful sex with a minor has been arrested in Barstow, California.
After an initial interview was attempted in late June with Constancio Gutierrez-Pelayo, he fled the Crescent City area. Crescent City Police Officer Pearson had worked with the Del Norte County District Attorney's Office to secure an arrest warrant for a felony violation prior to the attempted interview.
Officer Pearson immediately began attempting to track and locate Gutierrez-Pelayo.
Officer Pearson then worked with the Las Vegas Airport Police, the Barstow Police Department, and the California Highway Patrol while attempting to locate Gutierrez-Pelayo. On Friday, an Officer with the California Highway Patrol in Barstow arrested Gutierrez-Pelayo on his arrest warrant.
Trending this Week
- Del Norte sheriff plans to step down
- Criminal Convictions
- Questions linger as sheriff investigates woman’s death
- Deputies looking into suspicious death
- Suspected sex offender arrested in Barstow
- The Redwood Fire along Highway 199 is mostly contained
- CalTrans adjusts work schedule at Last Chance Grade
- Latest E-Edition
- The Triplicate's E-Edition for 7/23/21
- Boil water notice issued to Klamath residents