Gloria passed away on January 16, 2023, after a long illness. She was 82 years old. Gloria was born in Portland, Oregon to Eleanor Edith Long, who died when Gloria was a young child. She was adopted and raised by her uncle John Henry Long and his wife Barbara Bolen Long. They preceded her in death. Gloria grew up and graduated from high school in North Bend, Oregon. At age 18 she moved to Sacramento where she worked for the State of California as a data analyst for over 30 years. After retiring, she moved to Crescent City in the late 1990’s. She is survived by several cousins, and second cousins David, Nicholas, and Brendan Long, for whom she held special affection.
The family wishes to thank friends Ray and Susie Melvin for their help during the last months of Gloria’s life. The family also thanks the staff at Addie Meedom House for their devoted and professional care.
At Gloria’s request, there will be no services.
Welcome to the discussion.
1. Be Civil. No bullying, name calling, or insults.
2. Keep it Clean and Be Nice. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
3. Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
4. Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
5. Be Proactive. Let us know of abusive posts. Multiple reports will take a comment offline.
6. Stay On Topic. Any comment that is not related to the original post will be deleted.
7. Abuse of these rules will result in the thread being disabled, comments denied, and/or user blocked.
8. PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.