Lawrence “Larry” Nelson of Crescent City, California passed away peacefully on February 11, 2023. His heart of this world may have failed but his spirit was always stubbornly strong. Larry was born in Petaluma, California to Harry and Bettye (Barron) Nelson. He grew up in Petaluma with his younger brother Marc and had a large loving family. Larry graduated from Petaluma High School and a couple years later met the love of his life, Sandy. Larry and Sandy started their family, raising son Aaron and daughter Lisa in Redwood Valley California. In 1986 Larry started his own business, Nelson Auto Glass and proudly served the Ukiah community for almost 30 years until he sold his business and retired. Larry and his wife relocated to Crescent City, California when they lost their family home in the 2017 wildfires, to be near family and the Smith River that they loved so much. Larry was an avid fisherman and had spent the past 25 years fishing the Smith River. He enjoyed reading and had a passion and extensive knowledge of history. He loved watching football and baseball; go 49ers and Giants! He was also a big fan of NASCAR. Larry’s compassion, humor and friendship will be missed by family and friends alike. In Larry’s own words “I had a lot of good years and I had a good run”. He is survived by his loving wife, Sandy. He is also loved and dearly remembered by his daughter, Lisa Nelson and granddaughter Riley. Son Aaron Nelson and his former wife Tina, grandchildren Kaelie, Joey and Anthony and his wife Brittnie and great granddaughter, Anastasia. Larry’s wishes were to not have a funeral or service and to be remembered happy and healthy by his family and friends. In Lieu of flowers for the family, please buy your loved one flowers and tell them that you love them often.
Larry requested no funeral or services.
Welcome to the discussion.
1. Be Civil. No bullying, name calling, or insults.
2. Keep it Clean and Be Nice. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
3. Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
4. Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
5. Be Proactive. Let us know of abusive posts. Multiple reports will take a comment offline.
6. Stay On Topic. Any comment that is not related to the original post will be deleted.
7. Abuse of these rules will result in the thread being disabled, comments denied, and/or user blocked.
8. PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.