Mel Alan Williams was born on September 30, 1962, in Eureka, California to Jim and Barbara Williams. He lost a hard fought battle with Covid and died on August 26, 2021 in Crescent City, California. His generous spirit is missed by his loving partner of 10 years, Bridget Woods of Crescent City, and her daughter Mia Woods; daughters Megan Brodhag, her husband Matt, and his grandchildren Drake and Natalie Brodhag; and daughter Hannah Williams of Fortuna, California. He also leaves behind his three sisters; Suzi Williams and partner Richard Garrett of Bakersfield, Dede Freeman of Santa Cruz, California, and Judi Ramsey and her husband David of Gasquet, California and nieces and a nephew. The Mel we all knew was smart, stubborn, talented and generous. He enjoyed meeting new people and always just appreciated a thank you with nothing else in return. Just remember the good times you shared with him! Due to the nature of his death, Mel would not want a service in order to keep his friends and family safe. Instead, take a day off work and go fishing, drive up the coast and look for agates, or stop by Dutch Bros and enjoy his favorite drink: a Sugar free Blended Unicorn Blood Rebel, Extra Sweet with a float. You don’t know sweet until you’ve had Mel’s drink! He is missed and loved beyond words. Fish on, our dear friend!
To plant a tree in memory of Mel Williams as a living tribute, please visit Tribute Store.
Trending this Week
- Crescent City Planning Commission conducts ‘granny flat’ workshop
- Sex offenders a concern in Del Norte County
- Parents may sit out to protest vaccine mandate
- Criminal Convictions
- Council approves letter opposing vaccine mandates
- Sex offenders not so rampant in Crescent City
- Hernandez pleads not guilty to stabbing
- Latest E-Edition
- Governor stands with the Great Redwood Trail
- BHC invites all Del Norte residents to celebrate 10 years of community success