Regarding this article in last week’s the “DN Triplicate”, I am disappointed that the Crescent City Council agreed to spend $10,000 (residents’ taxes) on 914 “items” by Val Polyanin (received from Hambros, a trash and recycling company). Further, I am dismayed that The City Economic Development director presented 4 options to the City. I would like to suggest a 5th option, that is to contact an auction house and arrange to sell a few of these “914 items”.
I think the support for the above by Mayor Pro Tem Inscore, Councilor Greenough, and Mayor Wright is without merit when the lovely “Dolphin” sculpture (at the fountain in the Plaza) was removed years ago and remains in disrepair. Whenever I have contacted the City regarding the status of the “Dolphin” sculpture’s repair, the City states that there is no money to fix it.
Welcome to the discussion.
1. Be Civil. No bullying, name calling, or insults.
2. Keep it Clean and Be Nice. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
3. Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
4. Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
5. Be Proactive. Let us know of abusive posts. Multiple reports will take a comment offline.
6. Stay On Topic. Any comment that is not related to the original post will be deleted.
7. Abuse of these rules will result in the thread being disabled, comments denied, and/or user blocked.
8. PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.