The police blotter is a public record of incidents as reported by law-enforcement agencies. All individuals arrested or charged with a crime are innocent until proven guilty. The information printed is preliminary and subject to change.
Excerpts from the call logs of the Del Norte County Sheriff’s Department:
Tuesday, July 21:
- At 12:47 a.m., multiple reports of a vehicle that ran into something at 5th and D streets and is trying to leave the area.
- At 8:38 a.m., a subject reported someone broke into his vehicle in the 600 block of Highway 101 and stole several items.
- At 9:22 a.m., a report of a bicycle stolen from a camping spot in the 900 block of Sunset Circle.
- At 10:18 a.m., a report of two wetsuits stolen outside a motel room in the 100 block of L Street.
- At 10:50 a.m., a report of an illegal burn barrel in the 1500 block of Lake Street.
- At 10:57 a.m., a report of a single-vehicle turnover accident blocking the northbound lane of Highway 101 near Klamath. One person was reported trapped inside the vehicle.
- At 11 a.m., a report of a traffic collision with no injuries in the 600 block of Highway 101.
- At 1:55 p.m., a report of a vehicle versus bicycle accident with no injuries at Highway 101 and Anchor Way.
- At 4:22 p.m., a resident in the 200 block of Sherwood Lane reported a known subject assaulted her.
- At 7:09 p.m., reports that a subject stole items from a store in the 900 block of Washington Boulevard and fled through the field.
- At 7:31 p.m., a resident in the 6900 block of South Bank Road reported a pipe burst and her pasture is flooding with water.
- At 7:58 p.m., a report of a general burglary in the 900 block of 10th Street.
- At 8:10 p.m., a resident at Maiden and Union streets reported hearing an explosion in the area.
- At 9:15 p.m., a report of a vehicle hitting another vehicle then leaving the area of the 300 block of M Street.
- At 9:48 p.m., reports of subject shooting off fireworks in the 2500 block of Oliver Avenue.
- At 10:20 p.m., a report of a male subject with a golf club chasing a female subject in the 200 block of Salmon Avenue in Klamath.