The police blotter is a public record of incidents as reported by law-enforcement agencies. All individuals arrested or charged with a crime are innocent until proven guilty. The information printed is preliminary and subject to change.
Excerpts from the call logs of the Del Norte County Sheriff’s Department:
Thursday, Aug. 6:
- At 3:15 a.m., report of a male subject with facial injuries from in assault in the 300 block of Highland Avenue.
- At 5:22 a.m., a report of a fire in the 100 block of A Street.
- At 5:50 a.m., a report of a two-vehicle accident with unknown injuries in the 1000 block of Elk Valley Road.
- At 8:45 a.m., a report of a trailer broken into in the 100 block of Starfish Way.
- At 10:11 a.m., a request for the removal of an unwanted subject in the 100 block of Ehlers Way in Klamath.
- At 10:33 a.m., a subject reported someone got into her vehicle in the 1700 block of Northcrest Drive and damaged the interior.
- At 11:37 a.m., a Public Works employee reported finding property in the 1000 block of Front Street.
- At 12:09 p.m., a subject reported that someone got into the back of her truck in the 800 block of Highway 101 and stole some camping items.
- At 12:54 p.m., a subject reported that her vehicle was broken into while she was camping in the Gasquet area.
- At 2:10 p.m., reports of black smoke in the area of the 900 block of Washington Boulevard.
- At 4:49 p.m., a subject reported that her vehicle was broken into at the end of Sandhill Road and items stolen.
- At 10:04 p.m., a subject reported he is standing in the middle of the road trying to get hit by passing cars in the 3000 block of Parkway Drive.