The police blotter is a public record of incidents as reported by law-enforcement agencies. All individuals arrested or charged with a crime are innocent until proven guilty. The information printed is preliminary and subject to change.
Excerpts from the call logs of the Del Norte County Sheriff’s Department:
Wednesday, Aug. 26:
- At 7:20 a.m., reports of a reckless driver who had been speeding and swerving all over the roadway on Highway 101 near Humboldt Road.
- At 7:59 a.m., reports of a suspicious male subject setting small fires in the 300 block of Indian Road in Smith River.
- At 9:21 a.m., a bicycle was found in the 9900 block of B Street Pier.
- At 10:41 a.m., reports of a suspicious package left in the 500 block of M Street.
- At 11:19 a.m., a report of shoplifting in the 300 block of Highway 101.
- At 12:07 p.m., a resident in the 100 block of Redwood Driver reported receiving a scam phone call from a little girl claiming to be her granddaughter and needing help. She confirmed all her grandchildren were okay.
- At 3:13 p.m., a request for the removal of a male subject illegal camping in front of a building in the 300 block of G Street.
- At 4:28 p.m., a report of an irate male subject yelling and kicking headstones in the 500 block of Cooper Street.
- At 5:18 p.m., a report of heavy smoke, possibly a warming fire or homeless encampment fire, in the 1400 block of Parkway Drive.
- At 7:38 p.m., a wallet was found on the side of the road in the 1900 block of Northcrest Drive.
- At 7:55 p.m., California Highway Patrol reported a theft from a vehicle in the 2000 block of Highway 199.
- At 8:40 p.m., security requested the removal of subjects in a motorhome refusing to leave after being warned for overnight camping in the 400 block of M Street.
- At 8:59 p.m., a request for the removal of a subject on a vessel in the Crescent City Harbor who is not allowed to be there and is refusing to leave.