The police blotter is a public record of incidents as reported by law-enforcement agencies. All individuals arrested or charged with a crime are innocent until proven guilty. The information printed is preliminary and subject to change.
Excerpts from the call logs of the Del Norte County Sheriff’s Department:
Friday, Aug. 14:
- At 12:25 a.m., a report of a fence on fire, below a power line, in the 2600 block of Lake Earl Drive.
- At 7:23 a.m. a report of a 34-year-old male’s finger fell off in the 100 block of Courtney Lane.
- At 8:11 a.m., a resident in the 5300 block of South Bank Road reported a male subject has been illegally camping across from her house for over a month and has trash strewn all over.
- At 10:10 a.m., a resident in the 1100 block of 3rd Street reported his advocate tried to give him a heart attack.
- At 11:01 a.m., an anonymous report of transients illegally camping for several weeks in the 100 block of H Street.
- At 11:02 a.m., a report of a brush fire in the 300 block of M Street.
- At 11:42 a.m., a report of a tree down with either power or telephone lines in the 5000 block of Kings Valley Road.
- At 12:38 p.m., a resident in the 100 block of Klamath Boulevard in Klamath reported she was attacked by her neighbor’s dog.
- At 8:35 p.m., a resident in the 500 block of Humboldt Road reported his son broke into the residence.
- At 9:08 p.m., a subject reported his key fob to his vehicle was stolen in the 12400 block of Highway 101.
- At 9:28 p.m, a report of a subject that stole seat cushions from a boat in a parking lot in the 100 block of H Street.
- At 9:41 p.m., staff in the 900 block of Washington Boulevard reported having a subject detained for shoplifting.
- At 11:50 p.m., a report of a possible gas leak from an outdoor tank in the 1100 block of Pacific Avenue.
Saturday, Aug. 15:
- At 12:30 a.m., a resident in the 4300 block of North Bank Road reported a vegetation fire on his property in the wooded area.
- At 1:20 a.m., a report of a box of screws spilled on the roadway at Elk Valley Road and Howland Hill Road.
- At 1:56 a.m., a report of a small brush fire in the 1400 block of Parkway Drive.
- At 2:54 a.m., a female subject reported being shot at in the 300 block of Highway 101.
- At 3:51a.m., a female subject reported their bicycle was just stolen and her husband is in pursuit on another bicycle in the 900 block of Sunset Circle.
- At 8:11 a.m., a resident in the 200 block of M Street reported his vehicle was vandalized sometime overnight.
- At 10:30 a.m., a report of a bicycle stolen sometime overnight in the 300 block of Highway 101.
- At 12:11 p.m., a resident in the 800 block of Butte Street reported that a subject is breaking into her house stealing her documents.
- At 12:52 p.m., a subject reported finding a firearm in a room in the 300 block of Highway 101 and wanted to turn it in.
- At 2:44 p.m., a report of three subjects that walked out with items in the 900 block of Washington Boulevard.
- At 4:54 p.m., a resident reported a subject vandalized a building he owns the past two nights in the 300 block of Fred Haight Drive in Smith River.
- At 6:26 p.m., a resident reported hearing shooting in the 99900 block of of 9th Street.
- At 9:06 p.m., a female subject reported her vehicle was broken into in the South Beach area and her credit card has been used in several places.
- At 10:56 p.m., a male subject reported hearing voices telling him to jump in front of vehicles in the 800 block of Washington Boulevard.
Sunday, Aug. 16:
- At 12:17 a.m., a resident reported hearing gunshots in the area of Muncy Road and Parkway Drive.
- At 1:02 a.m., a report of male and female subject checking vehicles in the area of the 600 block of 5th Street.
- At 2:03 a.m., a report of a brush rife near the boat ramp in the glen of Highway 169 in Klamath.
- At 2:30 a.m., a resident reported hearing seven shots coming from the beach area in the 1000 block of Pebble Beach Drive.
- At 9:14 a.m., a report of a vehicle parked in the 1700 block of Arlington Drive with the driver passed out behind the wheel.
- At 11:28 a.m., staff reported having a patient in the ER in the 800 block of Washington Boulevard who reported being assaulted.
- At 1:27 p.m., a report of a male subject stealing a basketball hoop in the 800 block of Humboldt Street.
- At 2:25 p.m., a report of an illegal burn in the Movie Lane and Elk Valley Road.
- At 2:29 p.m., a business in the 900 block of Washington Boulevard reported having several wallets in their lost and found and would like them turned over to law enforcement for safe keeping.
- At 4:16 p.m., an employee in the 300 block of Highway 101 reported receiving a call from a subject posing as a sheriff, asking how much money they had in their till and how many employees were working.
- At 4:31 p.m., a business in the 100 block of Anchor Way reported receiving a call from a subject claiming to be from the police department and asking peculiar questions about their security system.
- At 6:06 p.m., a resident in the 4100 block of Highway 169 reported her home was broken into sometime overnight.
- At 9:45 p.m., a report of a possible restraining order violation in the 100 block of Acacia Drive in Hiouchi.
- At 11:55 p.m., a resident in the 1700 block of Northcrest Drive reported about five juveniles put a bag of dog feces on fire on his porch.