The police blotter is a public record of incidents as reported by law-enforcement agencies. All individuals arrested or charged with a crime are innocent until proven guilty. The information printed is preliminary and subject to change.
Excerpts from the call logs of the Del Norte County Sheriff’s Department:
Wednesday, July 22:
- At 1:01 a.m., a report of a male subject abusing his dog in the 1200 block of 9th Street.
- At 1:32 a.m., a report of a windshield broken on a vehicle in the 1700 block of Wildwood Lane.
- At 6:41 a.m., a report of a truck that was kicked, leaving a dent, and tire slashed in the 800 block of J Street.
- At 10:14 a.m., a report of a bike stolen off the back of a vehicle in the 6700 block of Highway 101.
- At 12:12 p.m., a report of a stolen bicycle in the 15100 block of Highway 101 in Smith River.
- At 2:29 p.m., a report of a subject who walked out with a bag full of goods from a store in the 900 block of Washington Boulevard.
- At 3:07 p.m., a person reported an unknown subject approached him in the 100 block of I Street and told him to give him all his money.
- At 4:39 p.m., a report of a subject shooting off fireworks in a park in the 1700 block of Northcrest Drive.
- At 4:53 p.m., reports that someone stole a boat motor belonging to a customer in the 1100 block of Northcrest Drive.
- At 4:58 p.m, a resident in the 700 block of G Street reported his landlord broke into his residence when he wasn’t home.
- At 5:14 p.m., a report of a subject that crashed his bike in the 700 block of L Street.
- At 5:25 p.m., fire units reported a disabled vehicle at Highway 101 and Cooper Street.
- At 6:49 p.m., a report of smoke coming from the brush at Washington Boulevard and Pebble Beach Drive.
- At 8:57 p.m., a report of someone hearing booms in the area of 9th and J streets over the last 10 minutes.
- At 10:21 p.m., a report of a subject drinking on the beach and then driving intoxicated, swerving on the road at 9th and L streets.
Thursday, July 23:
- At 1:45 a.m., a report of subjects shooting bb or pellet guns at vehicles passing by in the 5900 block of Kings Valley Road.
- At 5:37 a.m., a report of a bicycle stolen in the 900 block of Sunset Circle.
- At 8:04 a.m., a resident in the 100 block of Yonkers Avenue reported a known subject broke the windows of her house.
- At 8:39 a.m., a report of two bicycles stolen off the back of a vehicle in the 2000 block of Highway 199.
- At 9:34 a.m., a report of a bicycle found in the 200 block of Salmon Harbor Road in Smith River.
- At 10:16 a.m., a resident in the 1900 block of Northcrest Drive reported a set of French doors were stolen off her porch.
- At 11:06 a.m., a report of a vehicle versus bicycle rollover accident, with two occupants trapped, in the on Highway 101 near Highway 107 in Smith River.
- At 11:37 a.m., a report of a vehicle versus bicycle accident at Front Street and Highway 101.
- At 11:55 a.m., a report of a known subject who appears to have dumped a pink, child’s bike behind the market in the 400 block of M Street.
- At 2:50 p.m., a report that a female subject stole a wedding ring in the 12400 block of Highway 101.
- At 7 p.m., a report of subjects shooting firearms in the area of Weber Drive in Klamath.
- At 8:35 p.m., a cell phone was found in the skate park in the 500 block of 5th Street.