The police blotter is a public record of incidents as reported by law-enforcement agencies. All individuals arrested or charged with a crime are innocent until proven guilty. The information printed is preliminary and subject to change.
Excerpts from the call logs of the Del Norte County Sheriff’s Department:
Tuesday, Aug. 25:
- At 1:56 a.m., a report of a brush fire in the 500 block of Washington Boulevard.
- At 2:03 a.m., a male reported several subjects that attempted to jump his sister and are now causing damage to a trailer in the 100 block of Klamath Boulevard.
- At 6:33 a.m., a resident in the 100 block of Chis-Chu Lane reported her neighbor was irate and vandalizing his house all last night, and is now outside yelling and screaming and setting off a potato cannon.
- At 9:37 a.m., a report of a backpack stolen by a known subject in the 400 block of Highway 101.
- At 10:05 a.m., a report of a suspicious subject prowling the neighborhood earlier at A and 9th streets, and now the subject has a laptop.
- At 10:16 a.m., a report of illegal camping at Alder and Chapman streets in Klamath.
- At 10:29 a.m., a request for the removal of a subject trying to set up an illegal camp in the 800 block of 2nd Street.
- At 10:44 a.m., a resident in the 800 block of Butte Street reported someone ripped up her mail and threw it all over the street near her mailbox.
- At 12:06 p.m., a report of a few chainsaws stolen last month and in May from a business in the 1500 block of Northcrest Drive.
- At 3:03 p.m., someone reported an unknown male subject swung a fist and spat at him in the 400 block of M Street.
- At 4:03 p.m., a report of smoke from a fire in the 800 block of Washington Boulevard.
- At 5:23 p.m., a report of a fire in the 1700 block of Arlington Drive.
- At 6:40 p.m., a resident in the 100 block of Cooke Street reported her neighbor threatened her dog’s life.