The police blotter is a public record of incidents as reported by law-enforcement agencies. All individuals arrested or charged with a crime are innocent until proven guilty. The information printed is preliminary and subject to change.
Excerpts from the call logs of the Del Norte County Sheriff’s Department:
Wednesday, Aug. 5:
- At 8:06 a.m., a report of a vegetation fire on Trinity Way in Klamath.
- At 8:52 a.m., a report of a rollover motor vehicle accident at mile post 19 on Highway 101.
- At 9:38 a.m., a report of an air compressor found on property in the 300 block of L Street.
- At 12:04 p.m., a report of a two-vehicle accident at Highway 199 and Kings Valley Road.
- At 12:07 p.m., a subject reported his registration was stolen out of his vehicle in the 12400 block of Highway 101.
- At 1:15 p.m., a resident in the 100 block of N Street reported someone broke into her home and broke her TV.
- At 3:17 p.m., a report of two juveniles who appear to be intoxicated, staggering down the road at Middle Fork and Gasquet Flat roads.
- At 4:11 p.m., a report of a female subject with a firearm tucked in the back of her pants, walking down the road at 6th and J streets.
- At 6:20 p.m., a motorist reported being flagged down in the 1200 block of 5th Street by a female who asked him to call the police because her phone and purse were just stolen.
- At 8:11 p.m., a report of a bicycle stolen from a park in the 6700 block of Highway 101.
- At 8:15 p.m., a report of a cell phone being stolen from the courthouse in the 400 block of H Street.
- At 8:31 p.m., a resident in the 2200 block of Harmony Lane reported his neighbor torn down the fence and their aggressive dog is now running lose in his yard.
- At 9:33 p.m., a report of garbage being burned at E and 10th Street.
- At 9:55 p.m., a resident in the 300 block of Highway 101 reported her son was jumped by several subjects in the area.