The police blotter is a public record of incidents as reported by law-enforcement agencies. All individuals arrested or charged with a crime are innocent until proven guilty. The information printed is preliminary and subject to change.
Excerpts from the call logs of the Del Norte County Sheriff’s Department:
Tuesday, July 28:
- At 6:57 a.m., a resident in the 4500 block of North Bank Road reported an unknown male subject came on to his property and tore down his no trespassing signs.
- At 11 a.m., a resident in the 200 block of Bradford Street in Smith River reported her neighbor is on her property cutting down her hedge.
- At 12:12 p.m., a subject reported finding a firearm in one of the rooms in the 300 block of Highway 101.
- At 12:46 p.m., a subject reported finding drugs in the 700 block of Washington Boulevard and would like it picked up by law enforcement for destruction.
- At 12:58 p.m., reports of a male subject on a bicycle stealing mail from mailboxes in the 500 block of Northbank Road.
- At 6:43 p.m., a report of smoke coming from under the Rowdy Creek Bridge on Highway 101 and Rowdy Creek Road.
- At 8:05 p.m., a report of two juveniles in a fight in the 2200 block of Northcrest Drive with other juveniles standing around recording them on their phones.