The police blotter is a public record of incidents as reported by law-enforcement agencies. All individuals arrested or charged with a crime are innocent until proven guilty. The information printed is preliminary and subject to change.
Excerpts from the call logs of the Del Norte County Sheriff’s Department:
Monday, Aug. 10:
- At 1:42 a.m., a female subject reported two unknown subjects stole her vehicle at knifepoint at Highway 101 and Wilson Creek Road.
- At 9:26 a.m., a resident in the 1100 block of Oregon Street reported her brother punched her in the face because she was punishing her dog for destroying an item.
- At 10:04 a.m., a report of a vehicle stolen sometime overnight from the 1100 block of Breen Street.
- At 10:33 a.m., someone reported being assaulted by an unknown subject in the 600 block of G Street.
- At 11:45 a.m., a motorist reported that a subject purposefully slammed on their brakes causing him to rearend them because he swerved to miss a logging truck in the 300 block of Highway 101.
- At 12:36 p.m., a resident in the 1300 block of J Street reported a burglary in progress in a nearby house.
- At 12:53 p.m., a subject reported she is house sitting for a friend in the 1100 block of Keller Avenue and while she was not there last night, a neighbor came over, ripped the mailbox out of the ground and threw it at the window.
- At 1:31 p.m., a resident in the 700 block of Fernwood Lane reported finding a suspicious box in his garage.
- At 5:54 p.m., a report of a break in sometime overnight in the 600 block of Highway 101.
- At 8:01 p.m., a subject reported finding an unknown bottle of pills behind the recyclables in the 200 block of Fred Haight Drive in Smith River.
- At 8:24 p.m., a report of a subject who walked out with items in the 900 block of Washington Boulevard.
- At 11:31 p.m., a resident in the 5400 block of Northbank Road reported seeing flashlights at her neighbor’s house when there should be no one there.