The police blotter is a public record of incidents as reported by law-enforcement agencies. All individuals arrested or charged with a crime are innocent until proven guilty. The information printed is preliminary and subject to change.
Excerpts from the call logs of the Del Norte County Sheriff’s Department:
Tuesday, Aug. 4:
- At 1:15 a.m., a report of a lock cut and window broken in the 1700 block of State Street.
- At 8:22 a.m., a subject in the 1400 block of Inyo Street reported a female stated she was going to blow up the building.
- At 9:08 a.m., a report of a counterfeit $10 bill received in the 2500 block of Howland Hill Road.
- At 12:19 p.m., staff of a business in the 900 block of Washington Boulevard requested the removal a subject caught stealing last week and won’t leave.
- At 4:54 p.m., a report of a small fire on the side of the road on Highway 101 at the Washington Boulevard overpass.
- At 5:07 p.m., a woman reported being assaulted by two subjects in the 1300 block of El Dorado Street.
- At 6:22 p.m., a resident in the 12400 block of Highway 101 reported believing his firearms were stolen from his closet.
- At 6:41 p.m., a report of a stolen SSI card and used to make purchases in the 100 block of Starfish Way.
- At 8:13 p.m., a report of a female subject that left a business in the 900 block of Washington Boulevard with a cart full of items.