The police blotter is a public record of incidents as reported by law-enforcement agencies. All individuals arrested or charged with a crime are innocent until proven guilty. The information printed is preliminary and subject to change.
Excerpts from the call logs of the Del Norte County Sheriff’s Department:
Monday, Aug. 3:
- At 5:25 a.m., a report of a possible theft in progress in the 600 block of Highway 101.
- At 8:23 a.m., a report of a book and debit cards found in the 400 block of H Street.
- At 10:28 a.m., a report of vehicle tampering in the 1000 block of Condor Street.
- At 12:05 p.m., a report of theft in the 1600 block of Gainard Street.
- At 12:14 p.m., someone reported he was approached by three subjects at the Front Street Bus Stop who demanded his cell phone, assaulted him and left.
- At 3:16 p.m., a report of an ID card found at 5th and H streets.
- At 4:10 p.m., a report of a subject our front of a building in the 700 block of 2nd Street talking about killing people.
- At 6:09 p.m., an officer reported being flagged down by a woman in the 700 block of Front Street stating she was assaulted.
- At 6:12 p.m., a report of a male subject in a vehicle trying to hit another subject in the 1000 block of Highway 101.
- At 7:10 p.m., a motorist reported she was rear ended in the 300 block of M Street.
- At 9 p.m., a report of two baby goat walking in the middle of the road at Wendell and 8th Streets.
- At 10:47 p.m., a report of a male subject possibly with a gun near the restrooms in the 700 block of Front Street.
- At 11:05 p.m., a lost German Shepherd was found in the 1500 block of Margie Street.