The police blotter is a public record of incidents as reported by law-enforcement agencies. All individuals arrested or charged with a crime are innocent until proven guilty. The information printed is preliminary and subject to change.
Excerpts from the call logs of the Del Norte County Sheriff’s Department:
Wednesday, Aug. 12:
- At 8:12 a.m., a resident in the 400 block of Cummings Road reported finding one or her cats caught in a trap set by her neighbor and another cat was missing.
- At 10:10 a.m., a report of a subject running a stop sign, causing an accident at K and 6th streets.
- At 10:03 a.m., a fire alarm confirmed a structure fire in the 400 block of L Street.
- At 10:41 a.m., reports of a vehicle speeding and swerving all over the roadway at Highway 101 and Elk Valley Road.
- At 10:43 a.m., reports of several loose and aggressive dogs in Klamath.
- At 12:32 p.m., a resident in the 100 block of Downing Street reported her garage was broken into.
- At 1:35 p.m., a report of some items stolen from a property in the 900 block of 9th Street.
- At 1:49 p.m., a female reported assault, after a subject punched her in the face in the 300 block of Elk Valley Road.
- At 2:51 p.m., a resident in the 800 block of Fred Haight Drive in Smith River reported that her house was broken into.
- At 3:39 p.m., a report of a snake bite at Front and H streets.
- At 4:02 p.m., a resident in the 2000 block of Malone Road reported that a subject he has a lifetime restraining order against violated the restraining order by throwing a ball at his car.
- At 5:04 p.m., a resident in the 100 block of Terwer Riffle Road in Klamath reported that a female subject who threatened her with a knife and stole her car the other day is back, threatening her with a knife again then walked off.
- At 5:36 p.m., a report of a possible illegal burn in the Napa and Jefferson streets area.
- At 7:07 p.m., a report of a subject possibly shooting a rifle at the old motel in the 12300 block of Highway 101 in Smith River.
- At 8:44 p.m., a report of a known subject pouring gasoline in front of a building in the 4100 block of Highway 169 in Klamath.
- At 9:16 p.m., a report of shots heard in the area of the 12400 block of Highway 101.
- At 11:31 p.m., a report of a burglary in the 1000 block of Northcrest Drive.