The police blotter is a public record of incidents as reported by law-enforcement agencies. All individuals arrested or charged with a crime are innocent until proven guilty. The information printed is preliminary and subject to change.
Excerpts from the call logs of the Del Norte County Sheriff’s Department:
Monday, Aug. 24:
- At 2:19 a.m., a guest at a motel in the 300 block of Indian Road reported being woken by a fire alarm.
- At 7:18 a.m., an alarm indicated a garage was entered in the 15900 block of Highway 101.
- At 7:36 a.m., a resident in the 1900 block of Moorehead Road in Fort Dick reported a known subject stole her vehicle title.
- At 8:34 a.m., a subject reported that three of their bikes were stolen off their vehicle sometime overnight in the 1800 block of Lauff Avenue.
- At 8:39 a.m., a resident in the 4100 block of Highway 169 in Klamath reported the other night her neighbor kicked in her door and tried to attack her.
- At 9:15 a.m., a subject reported losing his wallet the day before on Highway 199 in Hiouchi.
- At 9:50 a.m., a subject reported losing his GoPro camera somewhere on the beach near Pebble Beach Drive.
- At 10:06 a.m., reports of transients breaking into a condemned house in the 1300 block of J Street.
- At 10:20 a.m., a report of a known male subject walking in and out of the roadway and throwing rocks at cars in the 300 block of Indian Road in Smith River.
- At 11:50 a.m., a resident in the 300 block of Charm Lane reported that there are homeless people who keep cutting his fence down and setting up camp on their property.
- At 2:34 p.m., a resident in the 1700 block of Wildwood Street reported that a known subject she has a restraining order against crawled through her bedroom window.
- At 4:57 p.m., a resident in the 1400 block of Inyo Street reported subjects are setting off pipe bombs in the area near his home.
- At 7:18 p.m., reports of a subject that was swept off her kayak into the ocean. The subject was able to get to shore, losing her kayak. She declined further assistance.
- At 8:16 p.m., a report of shoplifting in the 500 block of M Street.
- At 9:15 p.m., a subject was arrested on an outstanding warrant in the 300 block of Highway 101.
- At 9:59 p.m., a subject reported someone stole their tent after setting it up in the Gasquet area.