The police blotter is a public record of incidents as reported by law-enforcement agencies. All individuals arrested or charged with a crime are innocent until proven guilty. The information printed is preliminary and subject to change.
Excerpts from the call logs of the Del Norte County Sheriff’s Department:
Thursday, Aug. 27:
- At 1:15 a.m., California Highway Patrol requested agency assist with a tree down blocking both lanes of traffic in the 4700 block of North Bank Road.
- At 1:46 a.m., someone reported subjects in a vehicle kept driving by throwing eggs at him at Highway 101 and Cooper Avenue.
- At 7:48 a.m., a request received for the removal of a subject sleeping in a field behind a business in the 1400 block of Northcrest Drive.
- At 7:58 a.m., a subject reported he smelled propane or gas in the area of the 1700 block of Northcrest Drive.
- At 8:05 a.m., a report of a male subject stabbed in the leg in the 400 block of Cooper Avenue.
- At 10:39 a.m., a subject reported her husband left his drugs in her car in the 300 block of Highway 101.
- At 2:05 p.m., a subject reported he is following a vehicle of someone who stole his bow and arrows in the 1000 block of Highway 101.
- At 3:09 p.m., a subject reported finding drugs in side his storage unit that was supposed to be empty in the 100 block of Elk Valley Road.
- At 4 p.m., a subject reported his medication was stolen in the 800 block of Washington Boulevard.
- At 4:22 p.m., a subject reported some items were stolen off his boat in the 100 block of Citizens Dock Road and are now in a pawn shop.
- At 7:21 p.m., a report of a group of juveniles that keep returning to a school property to drink and smoke in the 900 block of G Street.
- At 7:39 p.m., someone reported finding bones that appeared human-like on Patricks Creek Road in Gasquet.
- At 9:33 p.m., a construction worker reported equipment has been stolen over the last few days from the area of mile post 10.10 on Highway 199 in Gasquet.
- At 9:45 p.m., a report of a single vehicle accident with no injuries at mile post 17.97 on Highway 199 in Gasquet.