The police blotter is a public record of incidents as reported by law-enforcement agencies. All individuals arrested or charged with a crime are innocent until proven guilty. The information printed is preliminary and subject to change.
Excerpts from the call logs of the Del Norte County Sheriff’s Department:
Tuesday, Sept. 1:
- At 1:26 a.m., a woman reported someone attempted to stab her then left the area at Northcrest Drive and Old Mill Road.
- At 3:10 a.m., a report of six to seven shots heard, possibly fireworks, at 9th and Taylor streets.
- At 3:32 a.m., a report of a camp fire seen in the bushes at Highway 101 and Rowdy Creek Road in Smith River.
- At 3:39 a.m., a report of a power line arcing on the northwest side of Elk Valley Road near Cooke Street.
- At 8:13 a.m., a request to remove an irate employee from the property in the 100 block of A Street.
- At 9:12 a.m., a report that someone broke into the manager’s office in the 1100 block of Highway 101.
- At 11:43 a.m., a resident in the 4200 block of Lake Earl Drive reported her neighbor came over stating there was a subject at her house trying to kill her.
- At 11:52 a.m., a report of two subjects trespassing on private property at Old Mill Road and Heights access road.
- At 12:21 p.m., someone reported catching a subject attempting to steal mail in the 1200 block of 3rd Street.
- At 1:36 p.m., security reported having a detained a shoplifter in the 900 block of Washington Boulevard.
- At 1:57 p.m., a report of a house that appears to be broken into at Meridian and Cooper streets.
- At 4:37 p.m., a female subject reported that a known male subject hit her in the head in the 1500 block of Gainard Street.
- At 6:03 p.m., a report of a subject running around naked in the 700 block of Highway 101.
- At 6:49 p.m., security reported having a detained a shoplifter in the 900 block of Washington Boulevard.
- At 9:59 p.m., a report of a wallet found in the 400 block of M Street.