The police blotter is a public record of incidents as reported by law-enforcement agencies. All individuals arrested or charged with a crime are innocent until proven guilty. The information printed is preliminary and subject to change.
Excerpts from the call logs of the Del Norte County Sheriff’s Department:
Tuesday, Aug. 18:
- At 12:07 a.m., a resident in the 700 block of Lauff Avenue reported his neighbor lighted off fireworks.
- At 6:06 a.m., reports of a male and female in a fight in a store in the 500 block of Highway 101. The male subject claimed the female subject was stabbing him and the female subject claimed the male subject stole her keys.
- At 7:38 a.m., a subject reported while sleeping in a field in the Summer Lane and Scenic Creek Drive area someone stole a bag which had his medication in it.
- At 10:08 a.m., a report of a strong smell of propane in the 300 block of Highway 101.
- At 10:22 a.m., reports of a male subject threatening to kill people in a parking lot in the 100 block of Klamath Boulevard.
- At 10:23 a.m., a report of heavy smoke seen in the area of the 400 block of G Street.
- At 10:25 a.m., a resident in the 200 block of Seashore Drive reported his neighbor has been firing off a firearm.
- At 10:28 a.m., staff at a store in the 400 block of M Street requested the removal of a female subject previously trespassed from the store for theft.
- At 11:31 a.m., reports of a female subject recording children again playing in a park in the 1000 block of Butte Street after being told to stop.
- At 12:31 p.m., a resident in the 1100 block of Highway 101 reported her lawn mower was stolen from her yard.
- At 1:37 p.m., a subject reported his boat was dead in the water near Whalers Island off Crescent Beach.
- At 2:37 p.m., reports of a known female subject who broke into a house in the 100 block of Blake Road in Klamath.
- At 2:55 p.m., a report of subject in a business in the 1600 block of Northcrest Drive that brandished a knife at an employee and the employee has been separated from the subject.
- At 3:26 p.m., a subject reported accidentally backing into a vehicle in the 800 block of Northcrest Drive.
- At 5:15 p.m., a request to remove a group of juveniles skateboarding and blocking traffic in the 400 block of L Street.
- At 5:35 p.m., a report of a broken water line and water bubbling up from the ground in the 200 block of Lela Street.
- At 8:37 p.m., a subject reported her vehicle was broken into and a purse stolen at Old Mill and Sand Hill roads.
- At 8:50 p.m., a report of smoke and flames in the area of Clyde Street and Parkway Drive.
- At 10:27 p.m., a subject reported hearing shots fired in the area of Harding and California streets.
- At 11:07 p.m., a subject reported hearing shorts fired in the Washington and Amador streets area.